Pages

Teaser Tuesday 12-23-08 : At Swim, Two Boys


Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read to entice you to read the book, without spoilers of course.


This week's book: At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O'Neill, page 105:


A darker ardor charged his face and briefly she heard his shuffling, coughing congregation. Nothing would do but she must utter the dread word. "Bazaar."

This novel has gotten some very high ratings and excellent reviews at LibraryThing. I'm having to work at it a bit here at the beginning, the idioms and phrasing are very unique. But since I'm snowed in, I have nothing else to do!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does uttering Bazaar help him? Intriguing.

Here is where I am

Anonymous said...

I wonder the same as Gautami... Interesting title!

Wendi said...

Certainly a great teaser! Hope you really start to enjoy the book!

Here's my Teaser!

:) Wendi

Lezlie said...

I'll be very interested to see your final thoughts when you finish the book! :-)

Lezlie

Anonymous said...

Hmm this sounds interesting.

Lisa said...

It would be worth reading the book just to find out what that all means! Great teaser.

Tiffany said...

Interesting teaser. It almost sounds like she's hiding from him until she utters Bazaar.