Pages

Friday Fill-ins: 12-19-08



Janet is our jolly host for this weekly event. My totally irreverent responses are in italics. Ho Ho Ho.


1. Said the night wind to the little lamb, "Hey! Little Lamb! Blow me! Ha Ha! Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m fulla hot air, I get that all the time. Such a comedian. Get the flock outta here."

2. The first Noel, the angel did say, "Damn, this halo weighs a friggin' ton! Wardrobe!”

3. Clearcuts, toxic dumps, mountaintop removal, unemployment, foreclosures, Over the hills and everywhere.

4. It came upon the midnight clear, Santa! and eight tiny reindeer!

5. 31 days until Bush is out of office!!!!!! Let your heart be light!

6. The Bell Choir is standing outside your bathroom door. And the thing that will make them ring is the carol that you sing when you’re naked in the shower.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to doing penance for irreverent answers, above, tomorrow my plans include baking challah and taking it to a heathen Solstice celebration and Sunday, I want to play in the (so far non-existent) snow, take photos, read and go to a concert!

This exercise reminds me of some carols I wrote new words to a couple of years ago. This one is dated but the sentiment still remains!

The Christmas Song – Chestnuts Roasting...

George Bush roasting at a war crimes trial
With Cheney, Rumsfeld Rice and Rove

Jailhouse blues being sung by Delay
And all dressed up in prison clothes

Everybody knows they lied to get us into war
And stole those two elections too

CEOs with their eyes all aglow
Are lining up to get their loot


They know that Cheney’s on their side
He promised lots of cash and goodies to provide

And every mother’s child will fight their war
If they are black or brown or desperate or poor
And so I’m offering this simple phrase
To kids from one to ninety eight

Although it’s been said many times, many ways,
Bush impeachment, today!



And to all a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend..

mckait said...

A perfect summation of the last eight years.

Janet said...

Best one this week!!! LMAO!