Pages

Booking Through Thursday - Authors Q and A

Deb at Booking Through Thursday has a good Q and A for us this week:


1. Do you have a favorite author?

In a Weekly Geeks meme several weeks ago, I wrote about my very favorite author, Isabel Allende, so I'll choose another of my very favorites: Louise Erdrich.

2. Have you read everything he or she has written?

Not everything, but close to it. I didn't finish The Antelope Wife; haven't read any of her children's books, and have one of her novels, The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse, on my TBR shelf.

3. Did you LIKE everything?

No. I couldn't get into The Antelope Wife; may give it another try, it's been years. And her most recent novel, The Plague of Doves, was wonderful until the last 50 or so pages, then it fell apart for me.

4. How about a least favorite author?

Hmm. I know there are some I've never read that I know would be least favorite if I did (e.g. Danielle Steele) but that's not really fair. I'll have to say, for now, Anne Tyler.


5. An author you wanted to like, but didn’t?

Joyce Carol Oates.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

My husband read some short stories by JCO and didn't really like them. She's one crazy looking woman! I've never seen a picture of her before.

SmilingSally said...

I've read a couple of Danielle Steel's because of pressure by those who insisted that I'd LOVE her. I did NOT! Who could love run-on sentences? Please visit to see my answers.

gwenlyn said...

I've never picked up a JCO book either.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid Allende made my list...as an author I wanted to like, but didn't.

Literary Feline said...

My mom really enjoys Isabel Allende's work. I haven't had a chance to read anything by her yet, or Louise Erdrich. I want to someday though.

mckait said...

What is it about Joyce Carol Oates?
I have had a book or two of hers. and no been able to read them. I pick them up and look at the blurbs, and they look interesting. I just cannot read her books. Weird.


I like Erdich well enough..