Pages

Countdown to retirement: 41 days

#41 - The Dave Matthews Band

The song is a direct reply to the lawsuits brought by former Dave mentor Ross Hoffman. (I don't know anything about the Dave Matthews Band, I'm just trying to look cool.)



#41

Come and see
I swear by now I'm playing time
I against my troubles
I'm coming slow but speeding
Do you wish a dance and while I'm
In the front
The play on time is won
But the difficulty is coming here

I will go in this way
And find my own way out
I wont tell you to stay
But I'm coming to much more
Me
All at once the ghosts come back
Reeling in you now
What if they came down crushing
Remember when I used to play for
All of the loneliness that nobody
Notice now
I'm begging slow I'm coming here
Only waiting I wanted to stay
I wanted to play
I wanted to love you

I'm only this far
And only tomorrow leads my way

I'm coming waltzing back and moving into your head
Please, I wouldn't pass this by
I would take any more than
What sort of man goes by
I will bring water
Why wont you ever be glad
It melts into wonder
I came in praying for you
Why wont you run
In the rain and play
Let the tears splash all over you


And I really don't get these lyrics.


2 comments:

Serena said...

Terri! You've won the contest and a copy of Lawrence Ferlinghetti's A Coney Island of the Mind. Please email me your snail mail address at
savvyverseandwit at gmail dot com

Jill said...

Congrats, Terri, on winning the giveaway!