Pages

Teaser Tuesday and Where Are You? 04-14-09: East of Eden

Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read (without spoilers, of course) to entice you to read the book.



Today's selection comes from East of Eden by John Steinbeck, page 73:


And this slavishness to the group normally extends into every game, every practice, social or otherwise. It is a protective coloration children utilize for their safety. Cathy had none of this. She never conformed in dress or conduct. She wore whatever she wanted to. The result was that quite often other children imitated her.



It's Tuesday, Where Are You? is hosted by an adventure in reading.

I've been all over the US so far; right now I'm in Connecticut but California is looking pretty good.

11 comments:

Harvee said...

Now this teaser refers to us, Tuesday Teaser meme addicts! Ha, ha. Good one.

Mari said...

Another classic I haven't read. Great teaser. :)

Caspette said...

Beautiful teaser. I cant say I have ever heard of this book.

Lisa said...

Another classic - the second one this morning! Very good choice.

My teaser is here.

Staci said...

Loved your teasers and hope you get to california!!

gautami tripathy said...

East of Eden is a great book!

Tuesdays are teasing and visiting new places

Margot said...

I really like reading John Steinbeck's books. The cover on this one would be worth buying the book,

Kaye said...

I haven't read steinbeck for years but his books certainly stay with you for years.


My teaser is here

Nise' said...

I haven't read this book in years.

Unknown said...

I haven't read East of Eden yet, but this teaser reminds me that I need to soon!

I have never been a trend-setter, and it definitely sounds like Cathy is! :)

Unknown said...

That sure looks like a book I could like :)
Thanks !