Pages

Teaser Tuesday 04-07-09: Bel Canto

Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read (without spoilers, of course) to entice you to read the book.



Today's selection comes from Bel Canto by Ann Patchett, page 54:

How far she must have gone inside herself to call up that voice. It was as if the voice came from the center part of the earth and by the sheer effort and diligence of her will she had pulled it up through the dirt and rock and through the floorboards of the house, up into her feet, where it pulled through her, reaching, lifting, warmed by her, and then out of the white lily of her throat and straight to God in heaven. It was a miracle and he wept for the gift of bearing witness.




It's Tuesday, Where Are You? is hosted by an adventure in reading.

I'm being held captive with a number of other hostages in a large house in an unnamed South American country. Our captors are a somewhat inept group of terrorists whose demands are somewhat elusive and malleable.

.

12 comments:

Caspette said...

What a beautiful teaser. Sounds like a lovely book.

Harvee said...

I loved Bel Canto. A good read and teaser. Here's mine
www.bookbirddog.blogspot.com

Margot said...

Sounds like a powerful miracle.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Haven't read any of this author's books! I'll have to check their books out! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

JoAnn said...

I remember that line! Enjoy the rest of the book.

Staci said...

I almost grabbed this book yesterday at the library. Loved your teaser!!

Book Lover Lisa said...

Good teaser. I have read some of her books, and have heard that this is her best. I will have to read it.

kayerj said...

ooh! I like the sound of this one

I am here and read my teaser too!

Wanda said...

Wonderful teaser! Though I've heard of Bel Canto, I haven't yet had the oleasure of reading it.

My teaser comes from Shelf Monkey.

Mary (Bookfan) said...

Good tease. I read the book years ago and liked it.

Karen Harrington said...

Great teaser. I haven't read that book.

Wendi said...

I loved this book! I'll have to pull it off the shelf and add it into my tbr pile!!

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi