Dewey's assignment this week is to visit five other blogs - of bloggers we don't know - and find some things in common with them. At first this SO reminded me of those uncomfortable "ice breakers" I've endured at countless meetings and workshops. But it was quite fun and I wasn't forced to talk to anyone!
- My first stop was at Ali's blog, Worducopia . Ali had just posted a meme, 4 Things, and I saw we had some things in common:
- We've both lived in Portland
- We both love Harold and Maude
- We've both vacationed in the San Juan Islands
- We both visit LibraryThing often
- Next I visited Kim at Sophisticated Dorkiness. What I noticed here was our similar blogging style: we both incorporate a lot of photos, cartoons and book covers. We also read a lot of the same books.
- Reading in Appalachia was my next stop. This is Icedream's blog. Her review of The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society could have been written by me!
- Then I knocked on Book Dads' door. I didn't find a lot we had in common, but I really liked his WG Gift Books for Dads post last week. It's so very inclusive of all kinds of families. And I appreciate that he promotes positive images of fatherhood through books and blogging.
- Louise at Lou's Pages welcomed me in and I noticed that we're both contributors to The Sunday Salon and WG and members of Book Blogs.