Pages

Teaser Tuesday 11-18-08 : The Graveyard Book


Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read to entice you to read the book!




From The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman, page 194:

At the best of times his face was unreadable. Now his face was a book written in a language long forgotten, in an alphabet unimagined. Silas wrapped the shadows around him like a blanket, and stared after the way the boy had gone, and did not move to follow.



7 comments:

Wendi said...

What an interesting teaser! I can't wait to read about the book!

:) Wendi

Here's my Teaser!

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at this book in the store. I want it! Sounds great.

-.- said...

I'm jealous that you have the book! It sounds fantastic and your teaser just makes me want it even more. ^_^

~ Popin

Anonymous said...

Sounds a little spooky but the cover is too...

Terri said...

Well I have to say I wasn't as crazy about the book as a lot of people - it was a good fast-paced fun read but rather a Harry Potter knockoff in terms of the plot line. But then, I'm not huge on YA fantasy either.

gautami tripathy said...

I gotta buy this book!

Read mine here

Anonymous said...

I've read the book and I loved it! Silas is a great character!