Pages

Teaser Tuesday and Where Are You? 06-09-09: The Monsters of Templeton

Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read (without spoilers, of course) to entice you to read the book.


From The Monsters of Templeton by Lauren Groff, page 88:

When I was small and easily wounded, books were my carapace. If I were recalled to my hurts in the middle of a book, they somehow mattered less. My corporeal life was slight; the dazzling one in my head was what really mattered. Returning to books was coming home.





It's Tuesday, Where Are You? is hosted by an adventure in reading.

I've returned to my hometown of Templeton in upstate New York after a disastrous love affair in the Alaskan tundra.

8 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

This book sounds interesting! Thanks for the tease!

Tuesdays: What's up?

Caspette said...

That sounds sad. At least she had books.

My teaser is href="http://thenarrativecausality.blogspot.com/2009/06/teaser-tuesday-09-june-09.html">here.

Have a great week!

JoAnn said...

This book has caught my eye the last couple times I've been in B&N. Hope you're enjoying it!

Andrea said...

I like that teaser, very interesting.
Here's mine.

Nise' said...

I'm intrigued by your teaser.

Beth F said...

I won this one a while a back. I really need to actually read it!

Margot said...

I like the sentiment of "Returning to books was coming home." I feel the same way, don't you?

Jacqueline C. said...

I can relate. Can’t wait to hear what you think. Here’s one tease and my other teaser.