Pages

Booking Through Thursday: 15 Books

Deb at Booking Through Thursday asks:

I saw this over at Shelley’s, and thought it sounded like a great question for all of you:

“This can be a quick one. Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.”

Here are mine, in no particular order:

1. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
2. Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
3. Ishmael by Daniel Quinn
4. Beloved by Toni Morrison
5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
6. Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
7. The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
8. The World According to Garp by John Irving
9. The Kite Runner by Khaled Husseini
10. The Brothers K by David James Duncan
11. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
12. A Midwife’s Tale by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
13. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
14. Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
15. Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck

.

3 comments:

Lezlie said...

Poisonwood Bible! Nice choice! I think I haven't seen that one on a list yet.

Lezlie

gautami tripathy said...

I kind of forgot Steinbeck while making my list! I loved East of Eden!

Stuck forever and ever!

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I loved The Kite Runner!