- Author/s I've always wanted to read but haven't yet: Iris Murdoch; Kurt Vonnegut; Ray Bradbury (this could be a very long list, but I'm for brevity today)
- Author/s I'd like to read more of: Charles Dickens; John Steinbeck; Kazuo Ishiguro; Sarah Waters
- Author/s I think I should read but have no interest in (true confessions): James Joyce; John Updike; Joyce Carol Oates
- Book/s I think I should read but have no interest in: Moby Dick
- Authors I love that I've recently discovered (thanks to LibraryThing!): Kazuo Ishiguro; Robertson Davies; Elizabeth Taylor; Anita Shreve; Jhumpa Lahiri; Per Petterson.
- The genre/s I've wanted to read more of: sci-fi; mystery
- The book/s on my TBR pile I always mean to read next: Brave New World; 1984 (that fits in with #6!)
- Book/s I want to try again:
Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood - I've started this 3 or 4 times and couldn't get past the first 20 pages or so. I'm still curious about it though and haven't given up yet.
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy - I quit this one at about 50 pages; I've heard so many raves about this book, and I think so much of her as an activist that I want to give it another go.
- Books I want to re-read:
To see if I love them as much as I did the first time: House of the Spirits (Isabel Allende); Handmaid’s Tale (Margaret Atwood); Ishmael and My Ishmael (Daniel Quinn); The River Why (David James Duncan).
To see if I can change my poor opinion of it: Prodigal Summer (Barbara Kingsolver). This is on my book group list for this year, so I'll get my chance.
- Books I will never, ever read: anything by Danielle Steele; The Secret. Never.
I'm about 3/4 of the way through The Blind Assassin and am thoroughly enjoying it. Atwood is such a stunning writer. Next up: Probably The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox, which awaits me at the library.
Until next time, Sunday readers! Have a great week.