Pages

In - and out - of the garden

Time to start harvesting a few things.


The strawberries are beginning to ripen. I sat by the garden the other evening and watched a brazen scrub jay jump into the garden and start pecking at an almost-ripe strawberry! The nerve.


We have peas galore.

Of course, it takes more than a galore to equal even a few batches of shelled peas.

Sigh, Guess we'll have to start eating artichokes soon. Life is rough.

The alliums are particularly beautiful this year.

Speaking of alliums - the garlic I planted last fall laid down and surrendered. It was time to harvest.

They will cure in the sun for a few days ... or until it starts to rain.

O garlic! O pesto! O hummus!


It finally stopped raining long enough so I could water.... hmm. This is the greens bed - lettuce, chard, kale, cabbage, broccoli.

I decorated my dinner plate with rainbow chard and parsley from the garden.

3 comments:

shyam.... said...

your garden looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love your garden. I am jealous!

Andi said...

You're making me hungry!!! I have some artichoke seeds waiting to go for next year, but as I understand it it takes a while for those to come to fruition. I'm horrible at patience. And I'm lusting after all the garlic! Oh smelly heaven!