I started with a list of twelve books to pick from; the titles in orange are the books I read:
- A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian by Marina Lewycka
- Amy and Isabelle by Elizabeth Strout
- Property by Valerie Martin
- Sorry by Gail Jones (my review)
- The Girls by Lori Lansens
- The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
- The Idea of Perfection by Kate Grenville (my review)
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney
- We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- What I Loved by Siri Hustvedt
- When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka (my review)
I'll be reading at least one more book from my list this month - The Girls is the first book picked for my new face-to-face book group, and we'll be discussing it the end of August (which is why I didn't read it in July, given my memory...or lack of). I'm intrigued by this story of conjoined twins.
Jill is adding Orange January to the mix, so this will become a semi-annual tradition; it's a great way to focus on some really outstanding books.