Pages

Teaser Tuesday and Where Are You? 02-02-10: The Voyage of the Narwhal

Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read (without spoilers, of course) to entice you to read the book.



This week my teaser is from The Voyage of the Narwhal by Andrea Barrett, page 160:

...any acknowledgment of sickness made the men nervous. So did the darkness, and the daily task of scraping from bunks and bulkheads the frost that formed from their breath while they slept. It was disturbing, Erasmus thought, to watch the air that had lived inside their lungs turn into buckets of dirty ice. Tossing the shavings over the side, he felt as if he were discarding parts of himself.





It's Tuesday, Where Are You? is hosted by an adventure in reading.

I'm in the frozen Arctic searching for signs of the ill-fated Franklin expedition.

3 comments:

Emma Michaels said...

wow. That is an amazing teaser. So many books to add to my TBR pile today! I am reading Iron King so I just had to use it for my teaser. Here is my blog where you can find it: http://emmamichaels.blogspot.com/

Mo said...

sounds good and suspenseful; just my kind of reading! Thanks for the tease.

Kaye said...

Whoo, that sounds amazing. I hope you're enjoying it immensely. My teaser is here