First off, a meme: Lisa tagged me (ok, I asked for it) with the letter E – and I am supposed to name ten things I love that begin with E. My sarcasm caught up with me when I told her I wanted to buy a vowel. So, I’m stuck with E. Here are a few of my favorite E things, in no particular order.
- Elephants. I think they are incredible animals - very intelligent and wise. It breaks my heart to see the way some of them are treated. There's a remarkable sanctuary in Tennessee that takes them in when they're abused/neglected/abandoned. You may have seen the video of the dog and elephant chums.
- Earth. What an amazing place this is. Just look around. Wow. I wish we were taking better care of Her.
- Erdrich, Louise. One of my very favorite authors.
- Ex Libris by Anne Fadiman. A fantastic book of essays.
- Evergreens. I live in a region that is green year-round. We have lots of fir trees, cedars, pines and evergreen shrubs. I couldn't live in an area that wasn't green.
- Ellipses … which I find very useful in writing. I have lots of trailing thoughts. And hope my readers will fill in what suits them. Maybe....
- Ears. The better to hear Mozart and choirs and guitars, babies giggling, sweet nothings, friends laughing, ocean waves, the wind through the cedars.
- Ex-president W. Extra Emphasis on EX. I’m lovin’ the EX.
- Essays. I do love a well written essay. See above, Ex Libris.
- Echinacea aka cone flowers, in all seasons. (Enlarge photo by clicking on it.)
Honorable mention goes to: E-mail, ESP, eggnog, extraterrestrials, echoes, eclipses, estuaries, eggs Benedict, and Edward Scissorhands.
Now, here's the deal. If you want to play this meme, leave me a comment requesting a letter. I will assign you a letter, then you blog about it and on and on ad infinitum. See! It's EEEEEasy!
I will catch up with the interview and award bestowing in the next couple of days. And now, I will Exit.
Photos: elephants and Earth from Google Images; goofy laughing pals and echinacea collage by me.