Pages

First blog post, ever!

Well here I am in the blogosphere after swearing I'd never do this. And I still haven't decided if I really want to be here. Do I really need one more website to attend to?


Here's what I'm reading these days. I'll be at it for awhile, I think I started it three weeks ago and I'm not quite 1/3 of the way through it. Not sure what possessed me to read this except so many people on LibraryThing raved about the new translation (Pevear and Volokhonsky) and I figured it was time I read it. I am loving it, much to my surprise! Yet I'll be glad to finish it and get back to some "normal" reading; it takes some stamina - literally! The book weighs about ten pounds!!!

Progress:





I also read Tolstoy's Anna Karenina this winter - really my first introduction to Russian literature. I'm playing catch up with some of the classics I managed to avoid in my years of schooling (even as an English major!).

I read 100 books in 2007. And I'm aiming for 100 again in 2008. This little meter will keep a tally of my progress:






1 comments:

Laura said...

Hi T! Welcome to the blogosphere! I like your design!