- It wasn't so terribly painful after all to read War and Peace. I even enjoyed it!
- And - the next time I read a chunkster like that, I will focus only on that book and not read anything else concurrently. I feel like I missed a lot by interspersing other books with it.
- My favorite genre is contemporary women writers (Orange July was wonderful for that reason!) My second favorite is historical fiction. Often they're one and the same (e.g. Music and Silence by Rose Tremain or Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks).
- "Contemporary women writers" does not mean chick lit. (I already knew this, but maybe you didn't.)
- Graphic novels are definitely worthy of the name literature.
- I can read many more books than I ever thought I could. 107 total for 2008. Many more in 2009!
- The book blogging community is a wonderful place to learn, connect, laugh, cry, be creative and add too many great books to an already teetering Mount TBR.
- It's quite possible to blog and visit blogs 24/7.
- But then I wouldn't get any reading done.
Posted by Terri Sunday, January 4, 2009 Labels: sunday salon
Happy Sunday and Merry 2009! Condolences to those of you who must return to the work world tomorrow. Here are a few things I learned on my reading road trip in '08.