Pages

Teaser Tuesday and Where Are You? 08-18-09: The Day the Falls Stood Still

Should Be Reading - Miz B - hosts this weekly event. We throw out a couple of sentences from our current read (without spoilers, of course) to entice you to read the book.


This week my teaser is from The Day the Falls Stood Still by Cathy Marie Buchanan, page 89:
But I am not so quick to rule out mystery and magic. I like the astonishing and do not doubt that it exists. What is God, after all, if not mystery and magic, and astonishing? I have little inclination to scoff at Tom’s bit of mystery. From my window seat at the academy, I saw prayers in the rising mist.


It's Tuesday, Where Are You? is hosted by an adventure in reading.

I'm in 1915 Niagara Falls, Ontario. I'm learning some interesting history about the Falls and getting acquainted with some colorful and mystical folks who live and work around here.

.

7 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

This is on my wish list!

Tuesdays: Teaser/Whereabouts

Nise' said...

Great teaser. Such a pretty cover.

Book Dragon said...

this one is one my wish list

here's mine

Booklover1335 said...

Great teaser! Mine's here and is from Julia London's Summer of Two Wishes.

Lisa said...

Very poetic. Excellent choice!

My teaser is here.

cathy marie buchanan said...

Is is okay to say I do like that teaser even if I wrote it?

Terri said...

Of course, Cathy! I'm glad you like the teaser I picked. Of course, there were so many good ones, it was hard to choose.